Last Updated on August 3, 2022
If you’re a music lover and you’re looking for some great classic rock songs to help set the mood on your big day, look no further! Here are 20 of our all-time favorite wedding classics that are sure to get everyone up and dancing.
20 Classic Rock Songs for Weddings
Below are 20 classic rock songs that are perfect for weddings. If you’re looking to get everyone up and dancing, these are the tunes you need!
1. Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen: This anthemic track is the perfect song to get everyone pumped up and ready to party.
2. I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston: This feel-good song is perfect for getting everyone out on the dance floor and showing off their best moves.
3. We Are Family by Sister Sledge: This classic disco hit is one of the ultimate feel-good songs and is sure to get everyone in the party mood.
4. I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll by Joan Jett: This song is perfect for couples who want to have a fun and energetic first dance.
5. You Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC: This hard rock classic is perfect for couples who want to get everyone up and dancing with its high-energy beat.
6. Sweet Child O’ Mine by Guns N’ Roses: This power ballad is perfect for couples who want a slower song to dance to or for those who want to showcase their rock ‘n’ roll side.
7. I Can’t Help Falling in Love With You by Elvis Presley: This timeless love song is perfect for couples who want a classic to dance to.
8. Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You by Frankie Valli: This track is perfect for couples who can’t take their eyes off each other and want a slower song to dance to.
9. My Girl by The Temptations: This Motown classic is perfect for couples who want a feel-good love song to dance to.
10. You Are the Best Thing by Ray LaMontagne: This soulful track is perfect for couples who are head over heels in love and want a slower song to dance to.
11. Ain’t No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell: Show your guests how high your love can reach by dancing to this classic.
12. I Want You Back by The Jackson 5: This upbeat track is perfect for couples who want a nostalgic song to dance to.
13. Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours) by Stevie Wonder: Show your heart is in it to win it with this classic song.
14. I Believe in a Thing Called Love by The Darkness: This tongue-in-cheek track is perfect for couples who want a fun and quirky song to dance to.
15. You Give Love a Bad Name by Bon Jovi: This hair metal classic is perfect for couples who want a high-energy song to dance to.
16. Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen: This fun and upbeat track is perfect for couples who want a light-hearted song to dance and want to sing their heart out while having some fun.
17. I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles: Hand-in-hand dancing doesn’t get any better than to this classic track.
18. I Saw Her Standing There by The Beatles: This upbeat song is perfect for couples who want a fun and fast-paced song to dance to.
19. Twist and Shout by The Beatles: Let those legs loose and have some fun with this classic song.
20. Do You Love Me by The Contours: Get everyone moving with this Motown classic that is perfect for couples who want a feel-good song to dance to.
Can You Play Rock Music at a Wedding dance to.
Yes, you can play rock music at a wedding! In fact, many couples choose to incorporate this genre into their big day. Whether you’re looking for classic rock songs for your first dance or high-energy tracks to get everyone out on the dance floor, there are plenty of great options to choose from. So crank up the volume and enjoy!
What Is the Classical Music Played at Weddings?
“Pachelbel’s Canon” in D is a popular choice for weddings, as it is a timeless and elegant piece of music. Other classical pieces that are often played at weddings include Wagner’s “Bridal Chorus” from Lohengrin and Mendelssohn’s “Wedding March” from A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
While these pieces are classics, there are many other beautiful classical pieces that can be played at weddings. Talk to your DJ or band about what classical music they recommend.
How Do You Choose Songs for a Wedding?
When choosing songs for your wedding, it’s important to consider the overall tone you want to set for the day. If you’re looking for classic rock songs, you’ll want to choose tracks that have stood the test of time and are well-known by your guests.
If you’re looking for more modern rock songs, you can be more adventurous in your selection. It’s also important to consider the mood you want to create; upbeat tracks are perfect for getting everyone out on the dance floor, while slower songs are more ideal for couples who want to share a romantic dance.
Ultimately, the songs you choose should reflect your personal taste and style.