Last Updated on August 1, 2022
Preparing for the wedding can be very costly, so couples are always looking for ways to save money. But cakes and cupcakes are often one area where they don’t want to cut corners. So how much do wedding cupcakes cost?
How Much Do Wedding Cupcakes Cost?
The average cost of wedding cupcakes is $3-$4 per person. This means that if you have 100 guests, you can expect to pay $300-$400 for your cupcakes.
Mini cupcakes are a popular option for weddings, and they typically cost $2-$3 each. If you opt for mini cupcakes, you can expect to pay $200-$300 for 100 cupcakes.
If you want a more elaborate design, such as an tiered cupcake stand or fondant-covered cupcakes, you can expect to pay $4-$5 per cupcake. For 100 cupcakes, you would pay $400-$500.
Of course, there are always ways to save money on your wedding cupcakes.
Here are a few tips:
1. Ask your bakery if they offer any discounts for ordering in bulk.
2. See if you can find a cupcake stand or display that you can rent or borrow.
3. Look for creative ways to decorate your cupcakes that don’t require extra fondant or icing.
4. Ask your friends or family members if they’re willing to help you bake and decorate the cupcakes.
5. Make sure you know how many cupcakes you’ll need before you place your order. This will help avoid any wasted money on excess cupcakes.
What Are the Extra Costs Should I Expect?
There are a few extra costs you should keep in mind when budgeting for your wedding cupcakes, such as:
1. Delivery and set up fees: If you’re having your cupcakes delivered, you can expect to pay a delivery fee of $50 or more. And if you need them to be set up at the venue, you may have to pay an additional set up fee.
2. Cupcake liners: If you don’t already have cupcake liners, you’ll need to purchase them. You can usually find a package of 50 for $5 or less.
3. Cupcake stands: If you don’t have a cupcake stand, you may need to purchase or rent one. Cupcake stands typically cost $20-$50 to rent, or $50-$100 to purchase.
4. Decorations: If you want to get creative with your cupcakes, you may need to purchase some extra decorations, such as fondant, icing, and sprinkles.
5. Cake toppers: If you want to top your cupcakes with something special, like a bride and groom figurine or monogrammed initials, you’ll need to budget for that as well. Cake toppers typically cost $10-$20 each.
Cupcakes Are Cheaper Than A Wedding Cake, Is It True?
The average cost of a wedding cake is $500, while the average cost of cupcakes is $300-$400. So yes, cupcakes are typically cheaper than a wedding cake.
But it’s important to remember that there are many factors that can affect the price, such as the number of guests, the complexity of the design, and whether or not you need delivery or set up services.
Do some research and compare prices before making your final decision. And don’t forget to factor in the cost of any extras, like cupcake liners, decorations, and cake toppers. With a little planning, you can find the perfect wedding cupcakes that fit your budget.
Is There Any Advantages of Serving Cupcakes At The Wedding Reception?
There are several advantages of serving cupcakes at your wedding reception, such as:
1. They’re less expensive than a traditional wedding cake.
2. They’re easy to transport and set up.
3. They offer a variety of flavor options for your guests.
4. They can be customized to match your wedding theme or color scheme.
5. They’re a fun and unique dessert option.
While there are advantages to serving cupcakes at your wedding, there are also some disadvantages to consider.
Some of the disadvantages include:
1. They can be messy to eat.
2. They may not be as elegant as a traditional wedding cake.
3. They may not be appropriate for a formal wedding.
4. Some guests may not like cupcakes.
5. They may not be as filling as a traditional wedding cake.
What Flavor Of Cupcakes Are Good for a Wedding?
The flavors of cupcakes are as varied as the flavors of wedding cake. You can find cupcakes in just about any flavor you can imagine, from classic vanilla to more unique flavors like red velvet or key lime.