How Much Is a 1925 Quarter Worth?

Last Updated on July 4, 2022

There are numerous factors affecting the value of a 1925 quarter coin. There were three different grades of the 1925 quarter that were being minted at the time, and because of this, the coins are valued at different rates.

However, the grades of these coins are not the only reason why the value of the 1925 quarter coins varies, their value is also highly dependent on the amount being minted, and the physical condition of these coins.

The coins in bad physical condition or appearance are often worth less than coins in better mint condition. Here you’ll find a detailed insight into how much your 1925 quarters are worth, and how much they can fetch you, although the price varies based on the coin dealer.

The 1925 quarter is worth $4 in good condition, $7.96 in very good condition, and $1950 in uncirculated condition.

1925 Standing Liberty Quarter Good


How much is a 1925 quarter worth?

Here is a table that highlights the value of the 1925 quarter in various conditions;

Coin Variation Good Very Good Fine Very Fine Extremely Fine About Uncirculated Uncirculated
1925 Standing Liberty Quarter $4.00 $7.96 $11.00 $21.00 $42.00 $65.00 $101.00

The melt value of the 1925 quarter which is usually the minimal value of any coin is worth $2.73.

More Helpful Guide For You:

How Much Is The 1925 Silver Dollar Worth?

How Much Is 1925 Wheat Penny Worth?

How Much Is a 1925 Nickel Worth?

The History of the 1925 quarter

1925 Standing Liberty Quarter Good

These coins were often produced utilizing handcrafting using the design of Sir Adolph. Their major metallic composition is mostly silver which accounts for 90% of the coin, and copper which accounts for the remaining 10% of the coin.

The 1925 quarter coins are highly demanded by coin collectors due to the process by which they were made.

Because of the scarcity of silver and the high increase in demand for coins, the government eventually melted most of these coins to meet up with the high demands in coin mintage for the ever-growing population.

Over 43 million of the 1925 quarters were minted. However, most of them are unaccounted for due to the increase in scarcity of these coins. This further adds to its appeal to coin collectors since it comprises of precious metal and it is also quite scarce.

Unfortunately, the 1925 quarter is valued at inconsequential amounts because it was only minted in Philadelphia, and it is still in circulation today, it has no mint marks, with over 12 million copies still in circulation today.

The 1925 quarter are one of the most sought after by coin collectors, although, coins found with physical indentations can still be sold at a much lesser price.

Numerous coin collectors collect these coins because of their weight in silver and their melt value, while others collect them as a hobby, although some collect them as a form of investment against the future, waiting for the right moment to sell their coins.

The 1925 quarter was only minted in Philadelphia with no mint marks, therefore the valuation of this coin is highly dependent on its mint condition, the 1925 quarter is also known as the Standing Liberty quarter. The standing liberty quarter has a mass of 6.25 grams per coin.

Where is the mint mark on a 1925 quarter?

The 1925 quarters lacked mint marks because they were all minted at Philadelphia, and at the time Philadelphia did not use mintmarks. However, mint marks are commonly found on other coins below the date.

How much does a 1925 quarter weigh?

The 1925 quarter weighs approximately 6.25 grams, it has a metallic composition of 90% silver and 10% copper, alongside a diameter of 24.3 millimeters. It is still in circulation today and undergoing hoarding by coin collectors.

What does a Liberty quarter look like?

The liberty quarter was created with an engraving of the goddess of Liberty on one side of the coin, with the other side featuring an eagle in flight. The design was founded by Sir Hermon MacNeil a famous America.

Sculptor at the time with his initials found at the righthand side of the lowest column to the left of stars at the left-hand side of the goddess of Liberty’s feet. The coin has a very elaborate and intricate design that is fascinating to the eye.

Jackie Palmer is a Houston-based coin journalist and fashion enthusiast. She joined Jewels Advisor’s content team after years of experience as a content strategist, managing blogs and social channels for local stores. Jackie mostly collects and studies US coins produced during the 20th century and over the years, published hundreds of articles for multiple coin publications.