How Much Is A 1900 Quarter Worth? (Answered)

Last Updated on May 24, 2022

The 1900 quarter is also a barber quarter that was minted in Philadelphia, San Francisco, and New Orleans. You will find the coin with an S mintmark, O mintmark, and no mintmark for Philadelphia. If you have this coin and need to know its worth, you have come to the right place. 

Here is everything you must know about the value of this coin. 

How Much Is A 1900 Quarter Worth?

The 1900 quarter will be worth according to its weight in silver. The silver melt value of this coin is around $3.9. The coin in good condition with no mintmark will be worth at least $10. 

On the other hand, if the coin is in very good condition, it will be worth close to $50. Of course, if the coin is in incredibly good condition, the value will be close to $80. The highest values of the coin depending on the condition or the grade. 

The 1900 quarter with no mintmark in MS 60 grade and uncirculated condition will be close to $250. However, if the coin is in uncirculated condition with an MS 63 grade, it will be worth nearly $400. 

1900 Era 90% Silver Coin Lot Kennedy Half, Washington Quarter, 5 Mercury Dimes VG and Better

How Much Is A 1900 S Quarter Worth?

The S mintmark means that the coin was minted in San Francisco. If you find this coin in good condition, it will be worth more than $10. If the quarter is in very good condition, it will be worth close to $60. 

Finally, if the 1900 S quarter is in incredibly good condition, then it will be worth close to $90. If the coin has an MS 60 grade and is in uncirculated condition, then it will be worth more than $600. An MS 63 quarter in uncirculated condition will be worth more than $1,000. 

How Much Is A 1900 O Quarter Worth?

The O mintmark means that the coin was minted in New Orleans. If the coin is in good condition, it will be worth close to $20. On the other hand, if the coin is in very good condition, it will be worth close to $50. 

Of course, if the condition is incredibly good, it will be worth close to $80. An MS 60 grade coin in an uncirculated condition of the 1900 O quarter will be worth close to $250. Finally, an MS 63 grade coin in uncirculated condition will be worth close to $400. 

How Much Is A 1900 Quarter Proof Coin Worth?

There were only 912 proof quarters minted for the 1900 quarter. If you find this proof coin in PR 63 condition, it will be worth close to $700. The proof coins have no mintmark, which is why you will not find them with an O or S mintmark. 

These proof coins are also difficult to find because they are specially minted for collectors. That is why if you want to get your hands on this coin, you will have to get in touch with a collector that can offer you these coins. 

What Are The Main Features Of The 1900 Barber Quarter?

The Philadelphia mint struck the 1900 barber quarter during this year. Charles E. Barber designed it, hence the name. The reverse side of the coin features a patriotic heraldic eagle. 

On the other hand, the obverse side of this coin features Lady Liberty in a laurel wreath and a Phrygian cap. It is a great quarter that will make a great addition to any collection. All the features are beautiful, and the value of this coin makes it an even better choice to own. 

How Much Silver Is Inside The 1900 Quarter?

The silver content of the 1900 barber quarter is 90%. The remaining 10% is the copper content as no coins are pure silver, bronze, copper, or any other metal. It is always a mix of two or more metals to ensure a fair value. 

That is why you can melt the coin and get the silver coin. The value of the coin depends on its silver melt value. You must understand the current price of the silver to understand the value of the coin, as the silver price keeps on fluctuating. 

Wondering How Much Is A 1900 Silver Dollar Worth? Read On